Mrittika is a Postdoctoral fellow in the department of Food Science & Technology at UC Davis. She earned a BS degree in Biology (2006) and a MS degree in Food Technology (2008) from the University of Allahabad, India, as well as a PhD degree in Food Science and Technology (2015) from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in West Bengal, India. During her PhD, Mrittika optimized analytical techniques for the characterization of the bioactive compounds- ergothioneine & polyphenols and developed a rapid method for the determination of ergothioneine by employing Fourier Transform Near-Infrared (FT-NIR) spectroscopy. She joined Barile lab in Oct, 2016 and has been working on peptidomic profiling of dairy products and foods of plant origin using state-of-art mass spectrometry since then. Her work also includes cataloging bioactive peptides and their association with possible health outcomes. In addition, she contributes to ongoing development of bioinformatic libraries for such bioactive compounds.
- 2010-2015: PhD in Food Science and Technology, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India: Process Technology for the Extraction of Ergothioneine from Dried Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) and its use as a food preservative.
- 2006-2008: MSc in Food Technology, Centre of Food Technology, University of Allahabad, India,
- 2003-2006: BSc in Biology, University of Allahabad (Ewing Christian College), India.
- 2008-2009: Post Graduate Program in Management and Insurance, International School of Business and Media, Noida, India.
- 2016-present: Postdoctoral Fellow, Food Science & Technology Department, University of California, Davis, USA.
- 2008: Trainee, AMUL, Kaira District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd., Anand, Gujarat, India.